Here is a Video Link - basic user steps
Introducing SPOT...The World's First Satellite Messenger
Whether you're just checking in, allowing others to track your progress, or calling for help - SPOT gives you a vital line of communication with friends and family when you want it, and emergency assistance when and where you need it. And since it utilizes 100% satellite technology, SPOT works around the world - even where cell phones don't. Size: 4.38 X 2.75 X 1.5"(approx. 111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm) Approximate Weight: 7.37 ounces (209 grams)
SPOT features four key functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying levels of need:
Alert 9-1-1 - Alert emergency responders to your exact location
SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes until power is depleted or 911 is canceled.
- SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes until power is depleted or 911 is canceled.
Check In - Let contacts know where you are and that you're okay
SPOT sends three identical messages to the SPOT service for redundancy. The first of those three messages is delivered.
- SPOT sends three identical messages to the SPOT service for redundancy. The first of those three messages is delivered.
Track Progress - Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps™
- SPOT sends one message every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until SPOT is powered off.
Small and Light
Size: 4.38 X 2.75 X 1.5" (111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm)
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of North America, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa and Northeastern Asia, and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas. Visit findmespot.com for maps and current coverage.
Includes 2 AA 1.5V lithium batteries; under normal usage a full battery charge should meet or exceed the following
- Power on, unused: Approx. 1 year
- SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
- 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
- SPOTcheck OK/√: 1900 messages
SPOT works around the world virtually anywhere
- Operating Temperatures: -40°F to +185°F (-40ºC to +85ºC)
- Operating Altitude: -300 ft to +21,000 ft (-91 m to +6,492 m)
- Weight: 7.37 ounces (209 grams)
- Dimensions: 4.38 x 2.75 x 1.75 inches (approx. 111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm)
- Floats in water
- Waterproof to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- MIL-STD-810E Method 507.3, 95% to 100% condensing
Salt Fog Rated
- Per MIL_STD 810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95% distilled water
- Per SAE J1455
- Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g2/Hz, one hour per axis
- Dropped twice on all six sides from one meter onto hard surface.
- ROHS and WEEE compliant.
- Certified to FCC and CE emissions, immunity and safety regulations.
- Meets FCC part 25 regulations, Canada type approval, CISPR Publication 22 (1985 1st Edition), RTTE Directive (1999/EC), IEC 60950 safety standard, and European EMC Directive 89/336/EEC.